IT IS GOOD TO GIVE THANKS....

.....to the Lord for His mercies endure forever

266-270

I am grateful :
  • for a father I can talk to and conversations that make 2 hours seem as short as a quarter of an hour
  • that I can give thanks! I'm happy I don't have to stumble through a pile of ungratefulness to actually come up with things to thank God for!
  • for a journey that is coming to an end, my life seems to be in phases and I eagerly await the beginning of another leg of the journey
  • for streams in the desert, many times when it looks like I have reached the end of my rope and I am dying just to have a drink of water, a well appears in my path and I actually have more than I could ever think or imagine!
  • for short stories that not only draw out a chuckle but teach wonderful lessons, I am reading short stories by Lucy Maud Montgomery, she wrote the Anne of Green Gables series and I have without shame been given to sudden fits of laughter in the Metro or buses on my way to and from work! I do not look up from my kindle to see who is watching, I am eagerly turning the pages or should I say clicking the tab:) to continue with the story and the lessons are priceless!

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:30 PM

    LOVE Lucy Maud Montgomery...grew up on her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Omoba-adeteju- I appreciate all the comments you have made on my posts, thank you!
    @snowyriver01- Me too! She is such a lovely writer! I read the Anne of Green Gables series when I was in high school but never her short stories, I am enjoying them tremendously! Thanks for stopping by!

    6:48 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me wanna read more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!