Doctor in the Niger Delta!

Hey guys, sorry I have been out of action (not missing) for a few days. From the title you can see that I have relocated officially to the Niger Delta region of our dear country. Hmm I have many tales for you, I dont know when I'll be able to share them as Im also out of constant touch with the internet.

Its a whole new ball game for me, for the first time in my life Im practically on my own. Thank God for GSM I don't know what I would have done without it. Of course my major challenge is the language barrier. I fear my yoruba skills will soon be a thing of the past as the major lingua franca is broken english, did I hear you say 'Wetin I talk' I laugh to imagine how I have souned over the last few days cos the broken spoken here has a very distinct flavour as compared with down south but I will survive.

Like all new doctors anywhere, they are put on the testing floor. All manner of tricks or tests are played to make you look the fool. Thank God I dont detest hard work if not I would be a good contestant for their games, but one thing I know 'I go survive'.
Something else I have to get used to is the commute to and from work. Did I hear you say that Lagos is rough? You should come down here, Im constantly praying that their brawls on the roads or inside the vehicles would be postponed before it reaches the point where fisticuffs are employed at least till i alight.

Bullet wounds, stab wounds, okada accidents are what make up a large proportion of the cases I see( there is a good reason for that). Im in a cyber cafe now and the news is that bullets are flying a few kilometres away. Ill be honest I have not prayed for protection as much as in the last week I have been in town. I guess coming from Lagos you get to be a bit paranoid with all the news in the papers about the troubles in this region but can you blame me, I be proper aje butter o!

Anyway I hope my posts will be more constant, but I have one request, do pray for me:) Thank you all!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:07 PM

    Glad to finally hear from you Tomi! I was beginning to get a bit worried. We'll keep u in our prayers for God's grace, protection & favor. I miss u - one of ur best friends from qc/URBC who got married mar 07:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hello, remember reading my comment on funmi iyanda's blog and leaving me a comment, thanks for your words of encouragement to keep filling in my blog, and also I have finally set up now in Naija again...thnx.

    Damola
    www.unotechmedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....your footsteps are guided by Him. He is your sure protection. Your refuge & strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone for all the comments and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Ye though you walk through the valley of shadow death, you shall fear no evil. For God is with you, His rod & His staff."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!