A Pot Pourri!

Hi guys I havent posted an article in weeks! Ise lo fa! Hmm I have over the weeks written lots of posts in my head ranging from small doctor (part 2) to Sexual Abuse and when Im in front of the system no words seem to flow. So I have decided to give you a mix.

I work in a trauma centre hours of work from 8am to 8pm.For the first few days, more like weeks, I was always on my feet and of course I have lost some weight! I thought I had managed to maintain my weight but my need to pull my belt tighter and my deceptively loose trousers tell a different tale. I enjoy my work but somedays seem to be oh so bad.

I developed back pain which made my work a misery. A few days before that I had thought that I was blessed not to have experienced back pain. When it started I discovered that all the rules about the care of the back also applied to me. Yes I find sleeping on the floor much more comfortable than sleeping on a mattress! Thank God the pain is slowly dissappearing now that Im obeying my own rules- No stooping to work, sit upright on a good chair etc.

Hmm this is the first time since I became a doc (how many years Do I hear you ask:)that I have had to shout that I am not a nurse but a doctor repeatedly. Everyone looks at me and concludes that I have just finished nursing school:) I had one patient who when I informed him that I was not a nurse asked me what he would call me, I had almost informed him that I was a doc when he asked in a rather haughty tone should I call you Aunty?. I was stupefied I just could not reply. My church mind prevented me from saying that did he imagine that his daughter would be nothing more than a housewife! They say its their culture here that the women are under them and so seeing a female as a doc is something that is hard to swallow, hmmmmm.

I have finally overcome my fear of flying arrows or is it bullets, lets just say that I trust God more:)Thank you all for your prayers. My prayers of protection are few and far in between. The other day on my way back from work chaos suddenly broke out, I had almost started fleeing with the crowd when I decided that it was best to calm down and appraise the situation, it turned out that the local market was on fire, I learnt that day that not all uproar in town is connected to the Niger Delta crisis.

I have seen a few cases of sexual assault and all I can think of is that some men must be heartless. Ill just add a warning to mothers, guardians, big sisters all caregivers to watch over their little one whether they are babies, toddlers, girls, teenagers or young women, the wolves are all around you, they sometimes live with you in your own houses. Please be vigilant.

This pot has finally reached the bottom. Unfortunately the best of the pot isn't at the bottom- I leave it for you to decide. I sign out here hoping I can fill you in on something more appetising for your literary tastebuds. Cheers!

Comments

  1. ha ha Tomi! church mind ;) u don begin dey convert yoruba into anglais raw!
    Sounds to me like "If not for the fact that Christ has saved me, I'd have given you a bang on the head" :)
    Pele gal! and I cant imagine u've lost any weight o! put it back on kia kia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tomi, what's this new gist I am hearing about you being relocated? Anyway, howz life......update me ki nlo sele?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...he asked in a rather haughty tone should I call you Aunty?" I'd say no sir, i'm coming.

    I'll go and make him beg for a doctor......when i eventually go back, i'm almost certain he'll say, "Good Afternoon Doctor".

    Can't believe, such thot-minded people still exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God will continue to watch over you my dear sister. It is well. O my goodness, when I first of all moved here and heard stories of men abusing young kids, I was so certain that did not happen in Nigeria. That breaks my heart. God is on the throne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rethots has taken the words out of my mouth. Speechless. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!