The Hotel!







I am on one of my numerous trips again and I'm typing this from my hotel room. This is one of the nicer facilities as we changed hotels thank goodness! The previous hotel we stayed in when last I was in this town was in one of the more run down parts of the city. An old classmate who came to visit me exclaimed in horror when he saw where I was staying and he told me that the next time I was in town I had to stay with his family.
What was the reason for his horror, he hardly came to this part of town because there are more armed robberry incidents in that part of town, it is also a red light district and the hotel I was at was more or less its headquarters. Trust me not to know what is under my very nose! It was only after his explanation that I realised that the knocks on my doors at odd times was not from people who had missed their way but from the local prostitutes seeking potential customers!
Of course all this was duly reported to HQ with the attendant change in residence while in this town. On getting to the reception of the new hotel we were shown a list of commandments. Prostitution and gambling were strictly prohibited. That was a relief and we had more surprises to come, the beds actually had white sheets not sheets that were once white! The floors are tiled and the walls looked like they had been recently painted. The toilets are clean and do not give you the creeps! The room is tolerably clean (nobody is ferfect:)) and I can sleep without dreaming of Babban Beris (big rats) coming out of their hiding places to prowl and nibble on my unexposed toes!

There is a functional generator and a restaurant that actually serves a 3 course meal, though if my per diem is to last me for the period I am away from the comforts of my own home I had better look for cheaper feeding venues! The air conditioner in my room works thought the first night I used only the fan as I did not know how to turn it on. There are numerous sockets in the room and not just one so I can comfortably plug my phones to charge, watch the TV and have the fridge on at the same time! And the Staff are actually very polite and helpful.

By the end of all my travels in Naija (all good things surely have an end), I should be able to compile a directory on the hotels to visit and those to avoid while in transit, I should also be able to suggest eating places to fellow travellers like myself:) Send me a message if you need my
humble contributions on the above topics,:) Dont worry its free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!