Remembering Granny!

I was going to copy my sisters post but I thought better of it instead I redirect you to her webpage and read what she writes about our grandmother, It brought back many fond memories and of course wry smiles.

I wont forget the words 'you must be silly' uttered by granny especially after you uttered a lie that looking back even a monkey would know was a lie:)

I remember the time all of us dipped our fingers into the Milo tin and two of us had the smart sense of thieves to clean up the evidence which included brushing our teeth and the third party didnt and thought it a most wise decision to report the other two. Of course granny delivered her trademark words- 'You must be silly'

I remember her letters which were also reminders of everyones accomplishments, I remember when another grandchild was born on the day an uncle gave his inaugural lecture as a Professor and this was of course was passed down to us in the letters.

I remember her remonstrations with my grandfather not to allow us finish the tin of Danish butter cookies all in one night and his reply that biscuits were meant to be eaten.

My remembrances can go on and on but Ill let you turn now to my sisters web page and read a tribute much better constructed than my few miserly lines... www.lamikayty.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!