New York Again!

When I put up my first picture post on my trip to New York, I did not think I would be in New York so soon! But I went to NY on friday, left by train early in the morning and came back late at night thanks to an all expense paid trip by a family friend:)

It was a lovely experience apart from the fact that I lost my debit card and had to visit the bank to cancel it. I lost one hour of sightseeing time looking for my dropped card and replacing it!

We started off at South Ferry Port purchasing tickets to go to Liberty Island and Ellis Islands, then we took the train to a station close to the WTC to visit the 9/11 memorial. Then we walked to the Brooklyn bridge and walked over it, then to China Town and Wall street by taxi to visit the 'Bull':)

Then back to 34th street area and then to Penn Station to take the train back home. I got home at 2am and slept in for most of the next day, I was exhausted, my pedometer showed I took 22,048 steps and burnt 945 calories:)

Anyway enjoy the pictures!



My first view of the Statue of Liberty!

Tickets!!!

Statue on the Pier!

Plaque explaining the statue!

View of the city from the boat!

Close up view of Lady Liberty!

Liberty bike made from left over pieces of the scaffolding & the statue!




Calisthenics on Liberty Island!

On the boat!

Ellis Island!

A pigeon taking a break from flying!

From the 911 memorial!

The memorial was not open so got to go to the previewing center where various memorials were shown!

A flag with all the victims of the 911 Terrorist attacks typed in.


I finally walked over the Brooklyn Bridge!







A bike covered in wool graffiti! Cute!

This station was the dirtiest I have ever been in!!

China Town!!!



Wall street!

I dont understand the fascination with the bull but I took pics!

Borders @ Penn Station- Going out of business, books at rock bottom prices, my kindle has spoilt me, I did not pick up a single book:)

Witty quotes on the walls inside Borders!



Where the journey began!

Comments

  1. Don't understand the fascination for the bull either, but New York is a beautiful city of adventure. I loved it when I visited too...(nice pictures) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!