Never Ever Give Up!




Over the last few days I have thought seriously about giving up! Circumstances, Words of despair, Silence instead of words, Closed doors..... the list is endless

But several things have stopped me

1. My dreams- it's almost impossible to give up dreams you have dreamed from your childhood. If I give up now it would seem to me that some place inside of me has been put to sleep forever. I will probably feel like I have a Phantom limb if I gave up on my dreams!

2. Encouragement from others- Of course your dreams are yours alone but they never come to completion without the input of others. Like Joseph not everyone is a fan of your dreams. There are many dream killers, many people who will point out alternate solutions to the dreams that keep you alive but thankfully there is God and there are members of your team who totally get your dream and do everything they can to shout out from the sidelines. They tell you, your dreams are not silly, they put more fuel in the engine and tell you to keep pressing on. They are members of your dream team.

3. Stories like this- Diana Nyad. I love the words she speaks while leaning on her best friend (see every one has someone they can lean on) "I have three messages, "Ms.Nyad, her face scorched and puffy from so many hours in the saltwater said as she leaned on her best friend. "One is we should never ever give up. Two is you are never too old to chase your dreams. Three is it looks like a solitary sport but it takes a team."

Her words need no explanation. Have you a dream? Keep Dreaming. You can achieve whatever it is you want to if you make adequate preparations and you have a fantastic support team!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!