Boredom!

Hmm my people im fighting one battle in this Niger Delta, not with militants o! Wetin concern me with dem. The battle I'm fighting is with boredom. Boredom? Yes o! Im really bored. This South-South kingdom is devoid of family and friends. I have friends o and a few family but they are sometimes to far away from me to connect with. Then theres my work which makes me free while others are in the office and busy when they are free! So what do I do.

Today after working overnight I got home during the environmental exercise conked out. After trying to sleep(I really cant sleep with the sun shining on my face) I got out of bed ready to explore the world. But where would I go? I looked at my phone which refused to ring, where were all my friends. Luckily one of my friends remembered me, after an 8min chat the call had to end. I was back where I started.

Ok I then decided to go to the supermarket to buy a few goodies! After that I remembered a friend who was just posted to this part of the world and decided to go visit. Thank heavens I did. I really had a nice time and thats where Im posting this from. I'll be on my way to work from here. Tomorrow is another day, any ideas bout how to stave off tomorrows boredom?

Comments

  1. Eyaa......wish i had a magic wand to spin & pronto.......activities will surface. Tough luck.

    But, not to worry, there's a silverbird cinema under construction there (i pressume you're in Bayela).

    Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Tomi, make una no feel bored oh! We dey think of una regularly even from this land of the Gambia. Keep writing- you have avid listeners! Love!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rethots, found myself two bookshops that have enough books to stave off boredom, the only negative to that is the thousands of naira flowing out of my purse and im supposed to be saving!

    Dr Dee ive thought of you guys ever so often pls whats your email addy, we should talk o! Regards to your family and thanks for listening to my rantings:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!