Aké: The years of Childhood!

I'm reading my favourite book for the umpteenth time and even though I know all the stories I still can't help laughing and chuckling when I read the pages again. I am at work and since I don't have much to do I can read but I have had to stifle my laughter so those around me don't begin to wonder if there is something wrong with me.
Childhood stories are wonderful especially if they are told by an expert story teller. My favourite stories are about Lè-moo, the Wash-hand basin caused habit, Paa Adatan who boasted about defeating the 'jamani' soldiers sent by Hitler but was defeated by the 'bote' soldiers,and of course my favourite- You-Mean-Mayself. This story just about crowns all the others told in the book for me.
For those of you who have read it I'm sure you'll be laughing just as I am, for those of you who haven't, you better go grab yourself a copy, Have a great 'Aké' filled weekend!

Comments

  1. I guess I need to get my hands on that book. First time here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!