The End of the Road!

I have been on the road for over two months and I have traveeled over 10,000km more if I am to be exact and it has definitely taken its toll on me but thankfully I am at the end of this road. I have just a few hundred kilometres to travel before I am at my final destination which is HOME, sweet home!

Thank you to everyone who called me to ask about my current destination and to wish me well, thank you to everyone whose homes I ate a good home cooked meal in and thanks for all the prayers for protection and journey mercies. I really needed them. I remember seeing one ghastly accident where the driver of an urvan bus had an epileptic seizure which caused him to swerve into an oncoming peugeot and over ten lives where lost.

Last of all I thank God who made it all possible, who gave me sleep when insomnia came calling, who made me appreciate everything I saw. I learnt many lessons,made many friends, played many games, one of which was naming the trees on the way after the people I know:)

My bones are weary and it will be good to drop off to sleep in my own bed and not eat another hotel meal where the menus are as constant as night and day- White rice, jollof rice and salad, tuwo chinkafa and Semovita. I can wear real clothes instead of my work outfits, clothes specially designed to beat the weather!

Im at the end of the road and I can tell you I am glad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!