Small Wonders!

Today I walked my sister-in- law to the busstop so she could get a taxi home. On my way back a car filled with men stopped by me. I am naturally suspicious so I took a step back and made sure that I could escape quickly if the need arose. I thought they were stopping to ask for directions but they apparently had other things on their mind.

Their first question was where are you going? That was when I realised they were up to no good! Home I replied and backed away, they must have seen the apprehension on my face for they burst into laughter and asked me if I was afraid of them, I replied in the affirmative. We are civil servants they replied as if that was supossed to allay my fears, Civil sevants what has that got to do with a kettle of fish like my uncle usually exclaims, Did I look like a mugu?

In these days of kidnappings and all, why should I trust or listen to anyone solely on the basis of his job! Anyway I walked backwards towards where I could see a few people, the next thing I heard was from the driver, Can I have your number? Now I knew that I was in trouble,I just ignored them and got the hell away from them.

See me see trouble o! When no be portharcourt I de?

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:16 AM

    wow,where did it happen
    come to think of it
    it was on my birthday
    somethings will just never change
    kenny olajide

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!