A weekend filled with food!


What can be better than this? Many things I wager. I started off the weekend by meeting two friends at Eatonville for brunch! I loved the decor, ambience,music and of course the menu. This lovely statement written on the walls as you step indoors made me smile! It is so true.




Posted by Picasa

I then headed off to my friends for the weekend were she spent the time conjuring up mouth watering dishes. The downside was the vast amount of time needed to produce these culinary delights. The cook was Catherine my friend from Kenya who treated her Nigerian sister to mouth watering Kenyan dishes with the preparation of a mexican dish thrown in as 'jara'! The photgrapher is my humble self:)(whoever came up with that description of humility must have been joking)




Enjoy the pics!



The Menu!

Courtney's Meal
Norah's plate

My bowl of fruit! Aint I a healthy eater:)
My real plate of food! Biscuits that melted in my mouth and chicken!

Courtney pointed out these fans! Exquisite!

The lights above our table

Fish at Catherine's waiting to be fried!

She made horizontal slices across the fish to allow the spices percolate through:)

The cupboard of spices, quite a few were used, many new to me!

The deep fried fish!

FISH Ready to eat:)
Corn flour used to make Ugali!

Pouring in the ugali! Reminded me of making amala!

In the middle of turns!

Voila the finished product!

The stew/soup to eat it with!
What I ate!

The making of MANDAZI (almost like puff-puff)

Cardamom + flour

add 2 level tbsps baking powder to 4 cups of flour

add two eggs...

...one tin of coconut milk...


Add the ingredients together (we forgot to add orange rind to give it a tangy taste)

leave to rise

knead and pummel:)

roll with rolling pin

cut into vertical strips and triangles

deep fry triangular pieces

Finished Mandazi... they are better tasting than they look
MANDAZI ready to store- for school or work an ideal snack!


The makings of chapati similar to mandazi except for the coconut milk and cardamom spices

cutting into strips and rolling it!

frying the chapati after the rolls were flattened into perfect circles!

the balls of dough

finished chapati

My meal of chapati and lentil!
 You can be sure that at the end of this delightful weekend I gained JUST one pound! A bit dissapointing seeing all the good food I ate! Heaven must be positively delightful if food on earth can taste so good!
Have a great week! Have a really tasteful one too:)

Comments

  1. Tomi...all I have to say is thanks for making my mouth water. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! All that food in one wkend? Na wah o!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:46 AM

    Really mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaycee, Blessing, Maid of Heart & Ty- thanks for stopping by! You can make the dishes too so your mouth watering wont be in vain:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Oh my, such lovely photos.. I am completely loving your fruit mix.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks raindropsonarose It was sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!