Growing Pains!

                                                                    
There are many times I wish I could escape to my childhood or the accompanying innocence and a time of ignorant bliss about the evil that abides in abundance in the world and the duplicity of man. I want to escape to an era when I took a smile for what it was 'a smile' when I did not have to second guess what a comment meant or did not mean. When we did not hide behind masks but our faces told the exact stories they meant to tell.

I like to believe that I am a believer in the inherent good in every man but there are days that it takes all I have got to continue to believe. Its difficult to believe when  trust is not only abused but there is very little left to continue to allow you to trust. I hate to carefully turn over in my mind seemingly straightforward questions and watch what answers I give because I am not sure how my words will construed.

I wish for a simple life, one without innuendos and double meanings, one without the need to feel that to get to the top you must tear down the other party! One that makes people want to absolve themselves of blame by heaping it at someone else's doorsteps! A world filled with truth, purity, loveliness, empathy, kindness, love! Especially LOVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!