Thanksgiving

 O that men would praise the Lord for His mercies and for His wonderful works to the children of men....


It has been a while since I did a thanksgiving post and I will be randomly dropping them in between my 1 week scheduled posts. The reason I did this is because I have noticed that I have become complacent acknowledging my blessings. I read a post recently that stated that where we are now is where we prayed fervently at one point to be, and it reminded me of days when I had barely enough and lived at the edge, walking almost everywhere because I counted every dollar. So instead of looking ahead at what I haven't yet received, I want to take a walk back and thank God for everything He has done for me.


1. I am thankful for life. After reading my posts on Death, I bet you are thanking God with me. 

2. Thankful for family. My dad is visiting for a few weeks and its been such a refreshing time of fellowship and getting to know him again. The last time I lived under his roof was a very long time ago.

3. A new appreciation for the little things of life. I am grateful that I wake up every morning and am able to stand and move every limb, perform my activities of daily living and generally take care of myself. I went a few days not being able to do something and now that I can do it, I am never taking it for granted again.

4. Thankful for God and his son Jesus and the presence of the Holy Ghost. I am not sure how I'd be able to navigate life without the trio so I am extremely thankful they have my back.

5. Thankful for days of rest. I have had the opportunity to rest for a few days now and my body is definitely thankful for the change of pace. I do not think our bodies were meant to go, go, go without a break and taking time out to rest is certainly a sure way to prevent imminent collapse.

So what are you thankful for today?





Comments

  1. I am thankful for friends like you that reminds us of the what/where our journey began... and how far we have come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aluya, you are a part of my story o! Thank God for bringing us so far ahead and thank you for your constant encouragement. You and Franca are the best.

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for life and the ability to breathe, thankful for eyes to see, thankful for the legs I can walk with, thankful for my hands, ears, and every part of my body. I am thankful for Family and Friends who always bring joy to my heart. Thankful for you for reminding me to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sister mi :) So thankful for you!

      Delete
  3. Buchi7:27 PM

    I am thankful for the gift of someone like you who constantly reminds me that the true meaning of life are in the simple things: smile, laughter, family, love. Surprisingly they are all free.

    Thank you once again for the piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankful for your beautiful comment Buchi!

      Delete
  4. I am thankful for good food, the nourishment it gives and the ability to process and pass it ;-).
    Thankful for all life's little pleasures. Thank you Tomi. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for the word of God. I love how accurate and timely it always is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!