The musings of a frustrated junior doc.

I was going through my journal today and i saw an entry that made me laugh i wrote it when i was undergoing some major stress (or so i thought) at work from a senior colleague, here it goes;

WHAT JUNIOR DOCTORS WOULD LIKE TO WRITE TO THEIR SENIOR COLLEAGUES SOMETIMES..............

Dear Sir,

I have viewed with growing concern and alarm the way you address me in public. On two different occasions you have referred to me as 'this one'. It gives me the impression sir that you either consider me an inanimate object or a mere creature whose ability to commune with higher 'mortals' is severely diminished.

I have both times considered your mode of address not just embarassing but insulting. I make bold to state that though i am many years your junior colleague i do not deserve such shabby treatment especially in public.

I not only have a title by which i can be addressed (Dr.) but also a name which is easy to recall and pronounce. I will for the present record see this mode of address by which you have referred to me simply an oversight on your part but if it is repeated i have no choice but to seek redress at a court presided over by an impartial set of judges!

End of Story

I later 'sparked' when on another ocassion the same thing was about to happen, you can be sure that was the last time the snr colleague in question tried such a thing. I wonder why i waited so long to 'spark'.

Comments

  1. Ha ha ha!!! It probably took you reading your very polite approach to realize that it wouldn't work :).

    So, Dr. Tomi, what would you do when it's you grow into the shoes of being a senior colleague?

    Your blog inspired me to resuscitate mine - bashstories.blogspot.com... your thoughts/comments are always welcome.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bash been to your site makes interesting reading too, Olaoluwatomi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!