Incredible India!

I feel like I have somehow managed to cross time barriers and have arrived at the scene of the Tower of Babel. For once I feel so alone and lost! Im currently in Maharashtra and they speak so many languages here!

English is not the default language on the streets and I find myself raising my voice and using my hands and legs to demonstrate to the rickshaw drivers where I want to go and how to get directions to places. I find that when I am directed by someone who actually speaks English I am like a thirsty donkey that has finally been given leave to drink as much as it can:)

India is a great place to be and I am enjoying every minute of my stay here! Its a lot like Nigeria in many ways. Sights I enjoy looking at are the women in their Sari and Salwakamis (im sure i spelt that worng), the little kids with their beautiful eyes, the ladies with their long hair, the rickshaws and their competitions with the buses on the road, I could go on and on!

I finally got on the Mumbai train yesterday and though it was not as rowdy as I had been told to expect I was rewarded with a taste of how rough it can be, I got hit on the side of my head with an elbow by a passenger struggling to get on the train and developed a one sided headache. I have so far visited the gateway of India, the Taj Hotel site of the attacks by terrorists over a year ago, Its difficult to imagine that anything like that occurred, it is so beautiful.

Ill put up pictures soon, but for now Namaste!

Comments

  1. Olaoluwatomi
    i guess this is an advanced travelling
    not like that you did in Nigeria
    now u have gone INTERNATIONAL
    lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!