Back in the Blogosphere!

It's been 6 years since my last appearance here and a lot of water has passed under the bridge, more like a billion cubits. I have grown up,   I was grown before but trust me I have grown a lot more. I have completed a residency, chief residency and fellowship and actually moved from NY to a more idyllic less fast paced town in the Midwest in this time. The move has come with all of the culture shock that entails moving away from the North East and I have plenty to write about this. I transitioned from trains and buses to actually driving myself everywhere and recently completed a solo 7 hour drive with 3 brief stops to refuel and use the restroom. It seemed like a good idea then but several rarely used muscles showed up multiple days in a row to protest against being so abused that in concession to these muscles, any distance greater than 4 hours by road will automatically be upgraded to a flight. My regular driving distance on days when I want to escape the quiet of my town are 3 hour trips and I visit friends and family and do my own exploring along the way.

Why did I stop writing?  To be honest the zeal to write dissipated and putting down my thoughts seemed an invasion of my privacy as my writing is based on my experiences. Has this changed? Not really, but I'd like to hone the gift I have been given, and the only way I can do that is to continue to write. I daresay my writing skills have become really rumpled like my favorite shirt is when I squeeze and push it to the back of my dresser when I am too lazy to iron and hang it out. So bear with me as I steam dry my thoughts and words through the rollers this blog offers. I am going to write about my life as it is, experiences I have had and I'll keep writing until it becomes a smooth flowing river and not a halting stream broken in places by rubble that has been trampled in.

So welcome back to my blog and look out for what I'm aiming is a constant deluge of my thoughts channeled into words that have very frankly been squashed into dark spaces by events of the past year.

Let the words flow!



Comments

  1. Let the words flow!!! Yay....Didn't realise blogspot still exists ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back dearie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oby! I am glad to be back.

      Delete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️ Can’t wait to read what’s coming next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can’t wait…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ijeoma, much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Welldone. It is a really brave move. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward Tomi. Already loving the analogiee in this one. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, much appreciated.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back Tomi. I look forward to reading more and getting glued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Please stay glued :)

      Delete
  8. Yes!!!!! I'm very excited and looking forward to reading every single article. I love the way you write and my imagination recreates every single line your wrote above in my head vividly lol from your rarely used muscles to the rumpled favorite shirt. Welcome back! Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the imagery, and the flow of ideas. More ink to your pen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amin o! Thank you for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  10. Yes!!!!!! Welcome Back. I am looking forward to reading every single article. My active imagination imagined every single line lol from your rarely used muscles protesting to your writing skills likened to a rumpled favourite shirt haha I can't wait to read. Bookmarked and eagerly waiting. (I need an excited emoji to show my excitement)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, just catching up on comments here, did not realize I had so many. Thank you for your excitement, it is catching :)

      Delete
  11. Temitope Praisingchild5:08 PM

    Amen! Let it flow! Well done dear, missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch. Much appreciated :)

      Delete
  12. Idara5:13 PM

    Wow! I haven’t commented on a blog in ages. Welcome back to you and to me too 😃😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back sis :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  13. Waiting to hear from you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 post later, hopefully you are satisfied. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  14. You have such a beautiful gift! Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you very much. Thanks for commenting too.

      Delete
  15. Like the pen of a ready writer, let it flow sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Broda Segun. Appreciate your leaving a comment

      Delete
  16. Yes!!! Tomi and words....😍. Let me bring my seat to the front😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please the seats are open and you are welcome :)

      Delete
  17. Awesome! Looking forward to the allure of your pen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your writing style! I was excited to read each line and I also love your imagery. Go, Tomi, go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Esther B.8:42 AM

    Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to hear what's on tour heart. This platform will be used to encourage, motivate, and heal others, in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bayuze3:55 PM

    Welcome back Doc!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay. Can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for picking the pen back up! I look forward to seeing the world through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kehinde11:29 AM

    Welcome back. Congratulations on all the amazing strides. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! We're back:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nicely written. Welcome back to blogging. I'll be reading...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Appreciate your support.

      Delete
  27. Good to have your inspirational words...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Tomi!:) So excited you are writing again! You have such a wonderful way with words. I love reading your stories! Thank you for sharing your gift with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!