A synopsis of my stay in PH.

I came into PH in February as a scared observer of the proceedings in the Niger Delta. I was scared of even my own shadow and this was not improved by my working at a trauma centre where victims of violence and other traumatic injuries where brought. The area of town where the hopital is located does nothing to bolster any confidence in our security system, I lost my goldchain to 'bad boys' as they are fondly called which made matters worse.

Right now im not as scared as I was I have no fears that I will be kidnapped, na who wan kidnap me sef? Going to and from work still leaves me with the jitters but I can boldly walk through the streets now and know that the young men at the end of the street have better looking targets than small me! (Don't mind me my confidence has increased ever since I found out I'm leaving , who wont be confident?).

What exactly will I miss about PH? For sure I wont miss the public transport system, the danfos that where my regular mode of transport next to 'okadas' where more often than not moving home theatres blaring out songs ranging from 'timaya' to 'gangan a so'. My music vocabulary was severely stunted before my migration to PH but right now if I hear just the intro beats to a song I can almost sing the song through including one ludicrous one about 'daddy i want to drink small stout' I initially thought the child was asking for 'fanta'!

Ill miss the people I worked with as they were the only people I really got to know, yeah my social life was zero! I went from work to home, occasionally to church, it was almost a triangular lifestyle. I got to know a few places in ph and I can confidently find my way around town without getting lost. Thanks to Ufuoma my lovely hostess for 7months who took it upon herself to make sure I got to work on time and generally find my way around. Thanks girl you are indeed a blessing, Jite and Etore ill never forget you, lailai. You guys are awesome.

Have I really given you a synopsis of my stay in PH, Oh did I mention we were visited by armed robbers, thank God we were all not at home, thank God for night calls! We only came back to hear the tales, thankfully no lives were lost.

Oh let me mention a few changes, when I first came roads were non existent including a major road leading to our house but now gutters are being made, many streets have been repaired and the work is still going on even if its raining nearly everyday. And thats another thing the rain I wont miss. I have been soaked twice and of course 'twice beaten by the rain twenty times shy' so now my big family umbrella is my fashion signature!

PH, a few more days to go..........................................

Comments

  1. seems like you're leaving your grammar/spelling behind in PH... lol!

    good luck with the next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said you'd reveal where you were going on this post...

    still waiting o...

    I wish you well in this next phase

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you enjoyed your stay in PH> Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the wishes! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!