The Never ending Road!

Hi guys I have spent the last few days globe trotting actually Naija trotting and like I wrote somewhere ( I have forgotten where) not much inspiration comes from sitting in the front of a 4 by 4 looking at landscape that contains some trees, many cows and very foolish goats who have almost caused us to have accidents. I tell you those goats and more especially the sheep are very foolish.

Today as we were coming along at the beautiful speed of 80km/hr (max limit 100km/hr a la company policy) some foolish sheep were right in the middle of the road. They reminded me of the Nigerian Police only that their uniform was white. Horns blaring they made a half hearted attempt to move off the road, can you imagine we had to swerve to avoid hitting the idiots. Like the driver said if we hit a goat we would pay heavily for it and the compensation would include the cost of future children the goat would bear but if the goat had caused an accident that cost us our lives, no one would pay for our lives:) least of all the goat.

Anyway goats, cows, donkeys and the occasional camel are my ever present cinema view in the front seat of course, bringing you greetings from the land of hospitality.

Ciao!

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Hahaha, couldn't help laughing!I went to a secondary school in the north (far east)and I travelled both journeys ie to and from school by road,hence I share your experience too.

    Infact,whenever we saw cattle crossing the road (always unhurriedly) we would stop our vehicle at a safe distance and wait for them to pass. We called them 'Kings of the Road'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!