My World!

(C) Olaoluwatomi
I took this picture two months ago and ever since then I have moved away from what I consider my world to a new one. I loved my job for it gave me the opportunity to travel which I love, it also allowed me to be myself. I loved the fact that I could jump out in the morning dressed only in a t shirt and jeans and be free to move around, I loved the feel of the wind on my face and the hum of the engine of the car and most especially the sights along the way. I remember how enthralled I was by the boabab trees along the way and took pictures of them every chance I got before I gradually grew used to seeing them.
I got down from the vehicle to ask for these men's permission to take the picture. The man in the white robe was very pleased to be my model and his silver tooth which does not show in this shot glinted when he smiled while looking at his picture on my digital camera.
I appreciated the simplicity of life when I met people like this who were not concerned about Madoff's Ponzi scheme or the proposed health bill in the US. They lived in mud houses and ate what they produced on the farms supplemented with bits that they bought in the market. They were content to ride on cows (this was the first place I ever saw people riding on cows, most times they hitched them to a cart) and work on their farms.
When I am het up about my career goals and aspirations and dissatisfied with how far I think I have come, I remember these set of people and realise that life is more than meat and drink, it is righteousness, peace and joy......

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:22 PM

    I love your blog page and in a few days, hope to get thru all of your blogs.(very interesting!) If you are interested, I have been looking for a pen pal. to write emails back and forth and beocme friends. If you have time to do this, please email me at: mtnpath3@yahoo.com
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!