Thanksgiving!

The words of a song we sang just as break time was to start comes to my mind now, It goes thus:

Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food,
We have food and we can eat, glory be to thee O Lord!

I guess it was a reminder of things we had which others did not have and which we were thus privileged to have not because we were better than them but just because!

I ate my first thanksgiving turkey:)today and I had fun at a friends place. It was nice not having to go to school and have a day off, but it was also fun hearing what others were thankful for. Thanks were given for life and good health but one recurring theme was for family, I guess its at periods like this that you look back and realize that at the end of the day family is really an important factor in the scheme of things.

So at the end of this day, I want to give thanks to God for my life, for good health, for friends and family. I am indeed so blessed to be able to give thanks for all the above. Thank God for Thanksgiving day!

Comments

  1. I agree, Tomi - Any opportunity to be reminded to give thanks is great!! I like all the food too.. lol! I like that everyone is typically happy at thanksgiving - no guilt, no fuss, just quality, happy times with friends and family. I like that you can say happy thanksgiving to everyone without worrying about what their beliefs are - it's universal!

    Very thankful for so many things, Very thankful to be thankful, and like you - I thank God for Thanksgiving day!! And thanks for this post=)! Happy Thanksgiving once again!:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, how nice...happy thksgiving to u...and all thanks to God for all that He is to us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:42 AM

    some have food, but cannot eat was our lunch time prayer song - as we headed out for long break in Primary School.. brought back memories..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anoda Phase Happy thanksgiving to you too, thanks for stopping by
    @Bomi yes o! I love the food as well, I wish the joy would remain, but life continues,
    @akaBagucci its one song I can never forget!Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!