My first game!



 
One of the perks of being a JJC (newbie) in a place is experiencing what the locals take for granted on a daily basis.
 
I remember walking into a fast food restaurant and asking for salad, I was asked what kind of dressing I wanted with my salad and had to choose from a long list. The only problem was that I had never heard the names of any of the dressings and it was with great amusement that the waiter told me what each dressing was! I guess I made his day for he would have something amusing to talk to his friends about for as long as he can remember:)

Anyway I just wanted to share with you pictures of my first baseball game.  Many thanks to Jean who picked me up, got me a ticket, explained the fine points of the game, gave me a running commentary of some of the players that came up to pitch, bat etc and took me back home I had a swell time. I had for a long time wondered what the game was about and I finally had a chance to go see for myself.

The part of the game I loved the best (can you guess?) was singing Sweet Caroline:) I could not get rid of the lyrics and melody for a while.

So while I may be a newbie to many things I have actually struck off from my long list of things to do while I am a JJC- going to watch a baseball game! GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (an unofficial fan)

Comments

  1. Looks like you had fun...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Go Red Sox!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did blogoratti!

    Chinny- Are you a fan:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red sox yeah... nice!!! I see we are in the same city for the mean time... lol. U shld hop on the celtics bandwagon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have never met a naija person who likes baseball. Me, I only go for the beer and hotdogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mwajim ill think about it!
    @LucidLilith I guess its because we did not grow up watching it or playing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!