A day in DC!

A few Saturdays ago, I decided to leave my cave of hibernation and get some fresh air. A friend and I decided to tour DC, the Capital city of the US! We quite ambitiously armed ourselves with a map thinking we could see all the sights in one day! At the end of the day we had only been to three places.

We visited the Capitol and took loads of pictures outside it. Then we went to the Botanical Gardens and spent some time warming up and admiring all the very beautiful flowers. I have never seen so many cacti under one roof before!

Then on to the American Indian Museum we went and there happened to be a cultural exhibition on and for the first time in my life I danced on a stage in public :) Of course I hid behind everyone else who volunteered to learn a tribal dance and did not take any pictures of myself.

Enjoy the pictures below, I enjoyed taking them and look forward to taking more pictures when we go back to finish up our tour of DC!
The Capitol- One of the many views!

A replica of the ? court in the botanical gardens, it is made of wood!

A plaque on display in the American Indian Museum.





One of the tribal dancers!

His costume is exquisite and beautiful!
The world champion hoop dancer ! He made so many beautiful shapes with the hoops all while dancing!

Flowers to smell!
I forgot to take down the name of this plant! Flower lovers please help me!
The Golden rat tailed cactus plant!

The Capitol in bamboo!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!