Ijo Ope mi re!

Continuing to look for things to be grateful for before I turn into a grouch!

Life, life, life- I cant overemphasize my gratitude for this priceless gift. Being extremely conscious of the possibility of death gives you an acute appreciation for how much life should never be take for granted.

The  end of a thing- The bible says the end is better than the beginning. I am counting in minutes:) to the end of my present project and the smile on my face is an expression of how grateful I am though my colleagues I am leaving behind are not amused at how happy I am:) What can I say? I am extremely grateful!

Great Friends- Over the last few days, I have received emails from friends whose emails make me smile, its nice to know you are remembered especially on those days when you wonder if your friends still remember you! I am grateful for friends who remember!

Meat and chicken- I am grateful for these two pieces on the menu that definitely liven up our diet!

Sleep- I am extremely grateful that I slept through the night without getting called out or having to leave my bed. Its a lovely thing to have a full nights rest.

Family- I'll be talking to my immediate family today via skype and I am grateful for their love and support and extremely proud of their accomplishments.

God- If not for the Lord who was by my side, where would I be?

Growth- Im thankful for the knowledge that I do not have to respond to every insult or pursue every perceived slight or untruth. I am thankful that even if my blood boils hotter than vesuvius, I still remember that a soft word turns away wrath!

Good Health- Its malaria season where I am with the mosquitoe bites sharper than swords but I am thankful that I have not been infected and I am  strong and healthy.

Lovely devotionals- I am thankful for my daily devotionals that encourage me to live for Christ even when I feel most inclined not to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!