Am I trusting?


I trust God when there is food in my belly and food in the store, do I trust Him when I am hungry and have no idea about where my next meal will come from?

I trust God when I am whole and hearty and full of strength, do I trust Him when my body aches and my flesh melts away diseased?

I trust God when there is joy in my heart and laughter in my soul, do I trust Him when the clouds of depression chase away my smiles?

I trust God when I have a job and can pay my bills, do I trust Him when my account is empty and the bills pile up by the hour and all I get are rejections and silence from employers?

I trust God when friends and family surround me and fill my empty heart, do I trust Him when no one knocks on my door for days, when there is no mail for me, when phone calls are non existent? When I feel abandoned?

I trust God when the weather is nice and warm, when the heat is off and the gas bills go down, do I trust Him in the dead of winter when the house seems to suck out all the warmth and the bed covers do not give any heat and the gas bill is ridiculously high?

I trust God when I feel safe, do I trust Him when I am attacked and no help comes?

I trust God when the light is stable, the internet fast, transport sane, do I trust Him when NEPA strikes and the internet does not exist?

I trust God when life seems fair, when things go the way I want them to, when I can comfortably make predictions about my life, do I trust Him when I cannot see the day ahead, when life is unsure and tomorrow seems grey?

When all is well do I actually trust God or pretend that I do?

Comments

  1. The essence of trusting God is seen when we can do absolutely nothing. I have to share this (beautiful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep! Great question do i trust God when thing are going the wrong way. Lord give me the grace to trust you in every situation and circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jaycee and NBB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmm Do I trust God? Deep question.... Like NBB I pray, God grant me the grace to trust you ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!