Life is short.......

Im not sure why im writing this note. I have a million and one things to do and yet I am drawn to write, to turn my tumbling thoughts into a legible type written script. I am not sure Ill make sense but Ill give it a try.

I looked up someones profile page today and her status update made my heart skip a beat, It was the notice of someones death. The name written was only too familiar. I have since confirmed that my hunch was right. I knew who it was.

For one minute I thought of the foolish decisions I made the day before and how in the light of death I would not make them again. They were not mistakes, I knowingly made those decisions and for a few hours I was happy with the choice I made.

Looking at the words 'O death where is thy sting, O grave where is thy victory' produced a chill that ran down my spine. I had made the decisions thinking I was immortal, in the light of the new obituary I realised I had been very foolish.

My status update on facebook a few weeks ago culled from African Proverbs on Twitter was as follows- Death does not sound a trumpet to announce his arrival. No one knows their last hour, I certainly do not. The words I read today shocked me back to reality.

Im grateful for the wake up call and hope that any further decisions I make are those that I will be proud to claim as my own. Decisions that will please my father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!