Moving on!

I have a friend who uses my blog to check up on what is going on in my life so this update is for her:) I guess its been sometime since I updated my blog with respect to personal matters and it is not because I have been wanting for things to do!

I watched an episode of House M.D which by the way used to be one of my favorite 'season shows' especially since it was the only season show I watch. I just discovered 'sea patrol' and its heightened my love for all things nautical, you could say I have been smitten:) Back to the point there was an episode on House M.D which featured a woman who blogged about every single detail and I mean every single detail of her life. It almost drove her husband nuts, you can imagine having your private arguments on display for the whole world to see. I think that particular episode put a damper on my sharing things in my little world.

But what else do you write about? I cannot possibly write about what is happening in someone elses life since I do not live that life and well I write best about what I experience. So I decided to let you all know that Ill be moving to another city, this will be my 7th move in 3 years, you can call me a nomad for that is what I feel like. I have literally been living out of a suitcase and in the last one year I have probably acquired more than a suitcase can contain. So I have the unpleasant duty of chucking out all the paper (thank God for recycling) and clothes (more thanks for the salvation army), books (thank God for the donation bin that collects books) that I have accumulated just over the last 13 months in my life.

I have decided to pack only what can go into my one sturdy suitcase, laptop bag and carry on bag. Everything else must go. I am trying to learn to live light and not carry baggage with me into the new city. I am resolved to own only the things I need. I have clothes I have not even looked at in one year! Books that can be read by others and enjoyed just as much. I do love to read a book again but I can probably borrow or buy it again if I love it so much.

So join me in a toast to my next move, may it be filled with all things wonderful, special and light! Cheers!

Comments

  1. Yeah smitten by the travel bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel you Tomi, I haven't moved that much, but this has been my longest address since 2005 - 14 mo in one place! Hope your move goes great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the Chinese say; 'May your road be long'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!