1st of January 2011

Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.-Brooks Atkinson
Posted by Picasa
I could not let a new year go by without posting on my blog especially with a fancy date like 1:1:11 and it trips me that no matter what continent I am on the date means the same:)
I have not sat down to write any new resolutions, I think I did away with that habit a long time ago. Instead I think about what I want to accomplish in the new year and write them down. One project I would love to embark on is taking a picture every day and maybe at the end of the year or the end of a quarter I would have a blog post on the world through my eyes/lens ! On my list of must buys this year is something that would aid that project, a nice camera! One that does not give me blurred pictures even when my hands shake:)
For the more concrete plans they lie buried in my secret thoughts/diary. I am grateful that 2010 is over and I am happy that I have a new clean slate to write on. New adventures, new discoveries, new jobs, new friends, new experiences...........the list goes on and on! I will not look back at the plans that did not work out, the disappointments and frustrations that left me in the dumps, I look forward to learning from the lessons that were either self taught or self inflicted and pray that the one who made the moon and stars will lead me along the paths He has ordained and I of course will follow.

Wishing everyone a new year filled with beautiful things, beautiful surprises and many wonders to behold.
E ku odun titun! E ku iyedun!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year (albeit late!). I wish you lots of success as you begin to move towards accomplishing all your goals. Hope you get that camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GNG! I hope I do too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!