Japan............


Lighthouse on Iojima Island!
Exactly a year ago I was on my way to the airport to catch a flight out to Japan's Narita airport! I was excited to be going to a land I had heard so much about and was looking forward to my time there. I was going with a group from my school and several people had arrived a few days before I did so I had a warm welcome from them. I landed at the Narita airport and spent a night in Fukuoka before my half of the group headed out to Nagasaki and Iojima islands where we spent 2 days before returning to Tokyo where we spent the rest of the week. A summary of my trip- it was the best ever.

My heart bleeds when I read of all the destruction, death and devastation that the earthquake has wrought in this land. It is difficult for me to look at the pictures and read of the rising death toll without a heavy pang in my heart. The night after the earthquake hit, I had a vivid dream of the tsunami possibly elicited by my browsing through news reports from Japan. I can only imagine what those who experienced it must have gone through.

At this time, I pray that the land of Japan will rise above the destruction of the past few days, I pray that the lovely people in the land will find a peace and comfort that passes all understanding! And that their joy will be restored. Please pray for Japan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!