Sleep eludes obviously:)

Ever gotten out of bed because you cannot sleep?

The heater is on 71F which on a good day is enough to warm the house but it looks like tonight the heat is not willing to seep into my bones and chase out the chill. I am heavily dressed and Im imagining that if this was in Lagos, I would be pouring out tons of sweat by now.

Fortunately for me the predicted snow storm is a rain storm:) I prefer the rain to the snow anyday cos the cold is not as bad. Overhead a conversation on a bus today where a man said that it had not snowed in an area renowned for winters with 6feet piles of snow leaving those who ran the local skiing resort and all those dependent on it for a living very miserable. The effects of global warming!

Even though its pouring instead of snowing,I still cant but miss the heat of my homeland and the familiar chatter of yoruba accents outside my bedroom window when Im trying to sleep.The voices of people passing by on the paths below talk and their voices rise to my ears still wide awake and catching all the sounds swirling past. Here there are no singing mosquitoes composing a symphony after a triumphant feast on human blood. There is no darkness to lull you to sleep but the lights and the internet to stimulate your already stimulated cerebrum.

I think of those dearest to me and wish that I was with them, but I aint:) So instead I try to pour out words that make sense but do not reveal all. Words that are to me disjointed and not flowing in a sequence like my dad taught me, the last sentence of a paragraph flowing into the first of the other.

I conclude that words are no palliative mixture this morning and so Ill turn off all the gadgets and climb back into my bed, turn out the lights and try to sleep and hopefully wake up in time not to attend the only class where Ill be turned back if I arrive five minutes late. I cant afford to hit the snooze button for this time.

Good night!

Comments

  1. hope you didn't miss your class, i want to go home too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Lagos it really hot now o. lol about the mosquito singing

    ReplyDelete
  3. @neefemi thanks I actually got to school 30minutes early!
    @NBB wish you could send some heat via DHL lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss home too, peeps at home i.e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pele Tomi...! Hopefully u'll get to visit again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Amos me too, @Bomi Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!