My life a Kaleidoscope!

I sat down a few days ago and I thought over my life. I dont yet have as many rags as my grandma but I can boast of having more clothes than a child:) Anyway I wondered why on earth I have gone through so many phases as I have and in my minds eye none of the experiences are yet to be linked.

You hear stories of peoples lives and see how an experience they had when they were young was relevant to their life later on. I almost scoffed at the idea until I consoled myself that I am probably not at that age when I can boast of such, but the question I ask myself is when are things going to fall in place?

One big and pretty consoling consolation is that God knows the whole picture! Even if I cant see it, He does! Why does it console me? I guess my answer is like the Psalmist who said when I was young and now I am old, I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread. There is one thing to be said of God, he certainly knows what he is doing when I absolutely have no idea. So while I see the pieces of my life as different pictures which dont make up the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, in one fell swoop God scoops up the pieces I disdain and mixes them together. He invites me to look through the scope he has created and what do I see, such beautiful, breathtaking work. Its like looking through a kaleidoscope, My life has been transformed from an ugly patchwork into a masterpiece.

So if you sometimes feel like I do about the purpose of your life or the significance of your achievements, if the sky seems grey and you feel blue ask God to show you just a glimpse of his plans for you through his scope! You wont feel the same way again:)

Comments

  1. "One big and pretty consoling consolation is that God knows the whole picture!" I love this, Tomi. I feel exactly the same way. Thanks for writing about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Jaycee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!