If I had 24hours to live....?


Michael Jacksons death is no longer a secret and it has prompted me to write on the above, I guess the fact of my mortality just struck me again,Man is but a wisp of smoke, here now and gone forever in a little while. If I had just 24hours left on planet earth what woul dI do, here are 10 things I might do not necessarily in this order though. In reality I might just spend all my time locked away maybe surrounded by close friends and family in communion with God.

1. I would call my close friends and family and tell them how much I love and appreciate them. I would thank my parents for being there for me when I needed them most, I would appreciate them immensely for all their love and care and tell them how much I truly love them. I would tell my brother how much I love him and want only the best for him.

2. I would want to spend my last few hours with my close friend and sister, my twin encouraging her not to weep for me but to be happy that Im gone to a better place, I would want her to know how much I appreciate and love her counsel and how Im truly glad she was my first and best friend.

3. I would write a letter to my friends and relations who do not yet know Christ and tell them how much Id love that they do so, how important a relationship with God is in this dark world of ours.

4. I would give out all my earthly goods for I have no use for them where Im headed.

5. I would take a bite of twix and ice-cream and look forward to the lovely post earth meal I would have in a few hours.

6. I would have my bath and dress myself up:)

7.I would sing and listen to a few songs on tape!

8.I would pray commiting myself to Gods hands and thanking him for the life I have had.

9. I would ponder what lies ahead.

10. I would go to bed and sleep.


Of course this list is not real and I probably may do many more things than I have listed here and forget a few eg the twix and icecream bit. But I am learning that we should prepare for death the same way we prepare for life, planning the journey ahead. Its a long journey and its much longer than the journey on earth, Having a personal relationship with J E S U S is the best way to prepare for it. We should not exit this life without planning for the next one especially as its eternal. Grab a copy of the Bible today, its Gods guide to our lives both here and in the great beyond and together with him plan your lifes journey, you will be glad you did!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Hmmmm... thought-provoking for me o... If i had 24hours to live and knew it, many things i would do...

    So, now i don't know the no of multiples of 24hours i av to live, why not try live the next like my last?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Very true, live the next like your last, cos who knows.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!