Its never too late to give thanks!

116-120

Im definitely going to exceed 5 items but today I want to thank God for the world of books and i'll list all the books I can remember at this point that I am grateful for.

1. 'Classic Christianity' by Bob George- I just started reading it a couple of days ago and I have certainly started thinking differently. Thanks to my sister for making me read it.

2.'Celebration of Disciplines' by Robert Foster- My small group is studying it over the summer and I have been deeply touched by it.

3. 'Don't let the goats eat the loquat leaves' by Thomas Hale. Its one book that almost made me a missionary:) I havent ruled that out:) but its a great book about living as a Missionary in a country with customs vastly different from what one is used too. This is one book I have read more than any other book I have bought. Would have read it many more times but I gave it out and I dont think I will ever get it back.

4. The good earth by Pearl S. Buck- Its one great story, one of the best I have ever read.

5. The Bible- I don't read it as much as I should but this is the only book that gves me comfort and hope in this world. I am rejuvenated when I go through the pages and it never fails to be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

holy experience

Comments

  1. Glad and thankful that i've read all five!! Still reading the Bible !!!! its a daily blessing..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first 4...but the Bible is awesome...I should be reading it more often as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:43 AM

    Yes, the best book to read is the Bible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!