Little joys in Life!

Many times it is not the big things in life that make us happy! Oh it would be nice to be driven around in a chauffeur driven car but does it really give me great joy?:)

Yesterday for me 'my little joy' came in a small package. It was a packet of 'pekere'! Peke what? I hear you ask. For the uninitiated, pekere is fried plaintain which is hard and crunchy and makes a lovely snack.

Considering I have not eaten Pekere in ages and it is not available in Stop&Shop or Shaws, being handed one of these packets by my roomie made my day! You should have seen the smile on my face when she gave it to me, you would have thought I had been given a million dollars to spend! And to think I almost said no because I thought she wanted to give me a packet of potato chips:)

Look for your 'little joy' today and enjoy it while it lasts, I certainly did!

Comments

  1. LOL! Happy 4 u my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, the little things. I'm certainly an advocate for. It looks sooo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Toyin and Rose, it tasted good too:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!