A Kenyan Night out!

My friends from Kenya treated me to Kenyan food at a Kenyan Restaurant called Swahili.  It was very nice food served by very nice waiters. The owner of the Restaurant came to welcome us specially- He knew one of us!:)

 I loved the convivial atmosphere, it made me feel like I was back home in Nigeria, there was a sound system which belted out African songs with many songs from Nigeria taking me back to time spent in Port-Harcourt where the mini buses had sound systems blaring out the exact same songs.

There were Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandese, Americans and I bet there were other Nigerians apart from me at the restaurant and many other Nationalities present. Check out the pictures below!

The food was great! If you are in the area do check it out!

Disclosures- The only connection I have with Swahili is that of a satisfied customer who was taken there once by her friends.


The Menu!

Mango Lassi!


Samosa, Bhajia, Sausage!

Nyama Bite!

A platter full of food- Spinach, Chicken, Goat meat, Beef, Ugali, Chapati, Kachumbari!


What was left at the end of the day!

The owner of Swahili in front of his Restaurant!

Comments

  1. I so totally relate to your blogs!! Right now I am in a phase about where I want to spend the rest of my life...so anything that reminds of home makes me very happy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!