Happy Birthday Lase!


I am waiting up to wish my niece a very Happy Birthday! Because of the time difference its just about 2a.m where I am and its 7a.m where she is! I called a few minutes ago but was told that she is still in bed.

I am amused that I would stay up this late to wish her a Happy Birthday but let's just say she is one little girl who has my heart in her hands and yes I am putty in them. I called her a few days ago and even before I could speak with her, I heard her telling her mum not to forget to tell me that her birthday was in a few days! I can only say her excitement is contagious! While my birthdays pass without the usual fanfare I am increasingly excited that my niece is becoming such a little lady!

I remember the day she was born! I remember her infectious smiles, demanding cries to be fed, her huge eyes we labelled 'oju yoki yoki'. Her unending energy, she has the strength of two boys! She is inquisitive, she is a Diva- her favorite colors are 'purple, shiny and silver', she loves shoes and she speaks her mind! She can count to 100 and is learning to read, she can write my name:) I am one proud aunty!

I'll speak to her in a few minutes when her mum wakes her up and share in her excitement at being four! I can hear hear piping out 'Aunty Tomi I am 4 today', lifting up four fingers on one hand to drive home her point. I'll laugh at her excitement at celebrating one more year on planet earth and pray that her excitement at having birthdays will never diminish! Lase ku odun, emi ase pupo! Amin!

Comments

  1. Amin!!!! awwww Aunty Tomi eseun pupo!!!!!!!! and you dont' even have to guess what we had on today..A purple top, purple bottom and shiny silver wedges :) loL! with purple dark glasses to boot! :)
    Thanks a bunch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:01 AM

    Aaawww... How sweet of Auntie Tomi... Purple dark glasses... Hmmm... Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mummy Lase:) I trust Lase to go through with the diva look for her big day!
    @Anonymous thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!