High heeled shoes!

Picture from heeldirectory.com


What set me off on this topic?
I was walking home from school a few minutes ago and saw a woman wobbling, I thought there was somethig wrong with her until I realised that she was walking in a pair of shoes with high heels:).Of course this incident set me thinking about all the women in recent times I have seen who have worn heels and seem to be undergoing some form of punishment. My philosophy with regards to dressing is 'the more comfortable it is, the better'! So you wont catch me in heels that make me look like I am tottering from the top of a totem pole!

I probably need to wear heels seeing as I am one whose height is described in my mum's language as one whom the ground has seized and refused to let go', but I have never been comfortable in any shoes that raise me more than 2 inches above the solid earth. All my shoes save one pair are flat! Flat as in flat,I love the fact that I can feel the earth through my shoes:) I am therefore not prone to sudden ankle dislocations or fractures of my cervical vertebrae!

Now I do not absolutely despise those who wear heels, I love to see a lady walk elegantly down the road or aisle as the case may be in heels and often wish I had the skills to do likewise. What I cannot stand is wearing heels and then having to stop every few seconds because you are at risk of falling flat on your face or worse swaying from side to side to maintain your balance in a precarious fashion. Heels are said to make a lady look more shapely in all ramifications (I shall not expantiate) but sometimes methinks that the lady in heels who cannot wear them properly looks downright ridiculous!

When I have to wear heels which is something in my very distant memory, I make sure I have my slippers along with me and I have a car to ferry me between destinations. You will never see me walk a distance more than a 5minute walk in heels unless I have decided to 'suffer and be fine' as some people like to say. But the brunt of aching limbs and a sore back which I experience for days afterwards is a good deterrent and so far has kept me from bowing to the pressure to walk in heels!

Comments

  1. lol...i'm an expert at wearing heels @ 5"2..i have to be...i once wore heels from like 34th street to 60 sumn street in Ny....but i'm with u, cant stand to see women wobble in heels, pisses me off

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ "woman wobbling." I just go with what I can handle. It's actually embarrassing when I see women who can't walk in heels, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! I don't wear heels often and when I know there will be time when I'm not required to be in heels, I try to bring flat shoes along.

    I do wish I could say I have mastered the art of wearing heels because it strengthens your ankles and calves, and pretty soon regular heel wearers will go from being wobblers to people who can run in 4 inch heels!

    I wore pointy shoes 24 hours ago and my toes are still protesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think high heels are designed for "some" type of women...

    Those that believe that beauty is pain

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Neefemi- You have my undying respect, you try gan:)
    @Jaycee- looks like we both like the easiest way out of trouble!
    @GNG -My mum once saw a woman with extremely high heels do a short sprint and jump on a Molue which was already in motion. Needless to say she got a standing ovation from all those at the busstop!
    @Harry-Rami Itie- Certainly not me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting rid of all my heely shoes...not bcos I cant wear them but they are bad for the back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! I'm with you, no heels for me - can't handle them, have absolutely no desire to learn! I loove my comfort too much!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!