When and Why I write!

1. I write when I am angry about something, when I cant punch the other fellow in the face! (Not like I have the liver to do such a thing:))

2. I write when I am stressed out about work, about life. When I have deadlines staring me in the face. When I should be completing my assignments and cant spare an extra minute thats when the writers muse descends and I cant decline until my script is done.

3. I do not write when I want to, when I absolutely need to, then the juices refuse to flow from my brain to my pen and no amount of coaxing gets me past the writers block!

4. I write when I am happy and want to shout but cannot do so, when I want the whole world to know how happy I am, then I write recording my happiness in terms that are so inadequate to express my joy but serve as an outlet all the same.

5. I write when I am ticked off by someone, when I receive discourteous service, when I am shunned for no obvious reason, when I am sad or lonely, then I write and pour into words, my hurt, my unshed tears, my hopes for a better day!

6. I write when I cannot explain exactly how I feel, when the written word seems to make more meaning than anything I could ever say.

7. I write when I get scared of what life holds in store for me, when I wonder if Ill ever live those dreams, I write of my future painting a picture in words that dispels the clouds.

8. I write before I speak, I put in to shape the words on paper that will be spoken into air.

9. I write instead of cry, I channel my tears to the ink on the page, the paper acts like my lacrimal glands, draining the tears so they don't spill down my face.

10. I write because it is a gift and any gift that is not used is taken away. I write to honor my king!

Comments

  1. Very good reasons to write.
    "I write to honour my king" I love that!
    Thanks for reading my blog and dropping a comment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most of the same reasons i write as well...Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NBB my pleasure
    @Neefemi Have a wonderful holiday too! Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like someone has finally agreed that she is indeed a writer!!! Way to go girl....
    emmm i'd like your kind of writer to be an author. Author of a BOOK!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ty, writer ke? Everyone writes o! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like writing is to you a kind of valve or a vent to release emotions. Good for you. At least you don't have to gorge on food to release pent up emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last reason most of all!

    Have a great week, Tomi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaawww! this reminds me of an assignment I got from my creative writing professor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Daylight,GNG and Lucidlith, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!