Sleep deprived ramblings

Tonight is one of those nights when sleep is elusive:(

I don’t want to go to bed and the bed does not look attractive enough to make me want to go lie down!
So here I am blogging. I had thought that I would not blog for another 2 weeks but some nights the spirit of blogging comes upon me and I cannot resist:) I wish I could say I had something witty to write about but I do not. I wish I had something profound to write about but I cannot grant you the favor of some cerebral company.

This post will probably be a potpourri of my thoughts over the last couple of days!

I have one terrible habit, I do not forget promises made. Its bad I think because I tend to view people who promise and fail to stand by their word to have committed some grievous crime:) Don’t blame me, I only hope that I try as much to keep my word to the same degree as those who disappoint me!

Read about a man who killed his wife! I was aghast. What would possess a human being to dismember his wife whose only obvious fault was she had a job while he had none! Sometimes I think being single has its benefits. I can’t imagine being beaten by another human being while my eyes are still open. Some people say love makes women do strange things but I do not call standing by and getting a daily dose of the ‘Kpankere’ aka ‘Cane’ a demonstration of love. Love will tell me to move my two feet as far away from the scene as I can. I have not walked in the shoes of the women who endure such terrible things but for their sakes I wish they had the strength to put an end to that nonsense.

I have finally ……I probably should not rejoice too soon kicked a habit I have had my entire life I think at least from the time I grew teeth. It has been three weeks since I sat down to partake of a feast of my nails:) A friend’s gift of a manicure showed me that I could stop:)) I hope I am not being premature in my rejoicing but I’m taking some pride in using my nail clippers to trim not only my toe nails but the nails on my fingers! I shall confess if I slide back into my old habits but I pray not!

The future calls. Over the last few days I have been more curious about my future than I have been for sometime. Call it a case of being too eager but I honestly would like to take a journey down a road of permanence at least for a while.

Okay I think my bed is calling! And this time I am eager to answer its call before I write something I would rather have not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!