Three weeks of thanks!

Missed last Monday's thanksgiving post so I'm squashing three weeks worth into one:) The first ten were written over a week ago!

346-360

Thankful for an outlet! Ever wanted to scream out loud and had no where to go to scream without people wondering what was wrong with you? I don't scream, I write! I am thankful I have an outlet for my thoughts, screams, joys and blessings!

Thankful for the future! There is a whole wide world waiting to be conquered:) And even if all the new lands have been discovered, there is always something new to be done! And even if its death around the corner there is a whole new world out there!

Thankful for friends who understand. I have a very good friend who I can call anytime I want to talk. I called her today and even though I did not have much to say she knew I just wanted company and she indulged me. She kept me company when I needed it and our conversation ended with her telling me to call anytime I needed to talk. She has much more pressing things to do ( a newborn son to cuddle) but she made me feel I was worth every minute I spent on the phone with her.

Thankful for ideas. Many ideas have crossed my mind over the last couple of days! I am grateful for the ability to act on them. I hope I carry them to completion.

Thankful for good health!

Thankful for new recipes, new foods, new sights and sounds!

Thankful for music! Pandora! WGTS 91.9:)

Thankful for weddings coming up and anniversaries celebrated!

Thankful for the Trinity!

Thankful for books! Its amazing what pearls of wisdom are in the written word. I am thankful for words which encourage, inspire, teach, humor! I am thankful I can read! I am Reading 'Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment' by Linda Dillow and again she emphasizes that contentment is found only when you make a conscious effort to look at all the blessings you have! Even when things do not seem to be blessings they are less distasteful when we learn to rejoice in every circumstance we find ourselves. I love Paul's view of it ' I have learnt in whatsoever state I am to be content'.

Thankful for good news!

Thankful for things that encourage me! Took a practice test last weekend and the results cheered me up considerably!

Thankful for the humdrum of everyday life. Its nice to have an order to life but I daresay I'm itching for something more:)

Thankful for reconnecting with old friends. Got a phone call from folks I have not seen or heard from in 5 years. It was nice to be able to talk to them again and share stories of what has been going on in all our lives.

Thankful for the ability to be thankful. Some weeks I have to dredge up things to be thankful for (how ungrateful of me I hear you say) but I have found out its easier to think of how the grass is greener on the other side than appreciate what you have got! So I am thankful for this time to be able to give thanks for my many blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonny Island!

Death III

My Mother Tongue!